Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 9 of 12 - Cherry Berry Mold


Well, I'm straying a little from Aldi here - just one ingredient. I know, I've been sneaking them in a bit lately. I'm trying REALLY hard not to. I like to do as much as possible at Aldi. Well, they don't sell Cherry Jello - and they're not always stocked with whole berry cranberry sauce. THANKFULLY, they do have the cranberry sauce this time of year. If they don't have the whole berry, you CAN use the jellied - the texture will just be a little different. But the taste is just, unbelievably out of this world.

I got this recipe from my husband's step-mother, Joyce. What a wonderful woman. I love to hear her stories of growing up in Michigan. I love the stories she shares about her deceased husband, my father-in-law. I love the way she cooks. She would never exalt herself as a chef, and never take credit for the simple that she makes fabulous. It's not her style. But she makes a mean holiday spread! And this was always at the table, and now is on ours. And will be as long as I am alive to make it.

And lets just say, this makes a perfect spread for your after Christmas turkey sandwich!!!

Cherry Berry Mold

2 3 oz packages of Cherry Jell-O (you can use the Strawberry at Aldi, if you want to instead)
1 1/4 Cup Ice Cubes
1 Cup Boiling Water
1 Cup Happy Valley Sour Cream
1 Can Happy Harvest Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce

Dissolve Jell-o in boiling water and add ice. Stir until thickens. Remove any unmelted ice. Break up cranberry sauce with a fork and stir into gelatin. Fold in sour cream until the jell-o is marbled. Pour into a prepared mold, chill for at least 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment