Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dreamsicle Smoothie

Get ready for summer!  It's getting warm around here this week.  Went up to the mid 80's yesterday, and it's supposed to be in the upper 90's by the weekend!  And in northeastern part of the country where humidity is king, well, let's just say it's HOT here.  So...it's smoothie time!  I love having a smoothie for breakfast.

Our Aldi has recently started selling Greek Yogurt.  I LOVE Greek Yogurt.  I use it in place of sour cream for just about everything.  Mix it with the Stonemill Classics Ranch Dressing mix, and you have a MEAN dip for veggies.  My favorite way to serve is in a smoothie...so here's what I had for breakfast this morning!  Sorry there's no picture, it was sooooo yummy I didn't take time to take picture! :)

I do have a Magic Bullet Blender, so that's what I used, but you could use a regular blender.

Dreamsicle Smoothie

1 cup crushed ice
1 cup Nature's Nectar 100% OJ (not from concentrate)
1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt (or whichever greek yogurt your Aldi is selling)
1/2 tsp Stonemill Classics pure vanilla
1 packet of sweetener of choice OR 2 tsp sugar

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until very smooth.

ENJOY!!!

1 comment: