Sunday, September 23, 2012

Product Review - Fit & Active Cinna-Swirl Drizzled Mini Crisps

Hey there, folks...

Every now and then, I like to throw in an Aldi Product Review, just to keep you all on your toes!

I believe I mentioned a while back that my amazing husband was doing Medifast, and to date as lost over 75 lbs!  He's done so well.  Gone from being an insulin dependent diabetic and on all sorts of high-blood pressure meds, cholesterol lowering meds, etc.....to be no longer classified as a diabetic and off almost all of his meds (soon to be completely all, he's on the lowest dose possible of one med).  This post is dedicated to him because I'm so unbelievably proud of him!!!

We've been talking about me doing the diet, but, it's cost prohibitive for two people to be on it at one time.  Not to mention, he's attempting the re-entry into more real world foods.

I've decided to attempt a facsimile of the diet, and hope to use some Aldi products in the process, of course!

Well, I went in my store recently, and scouted out a lot of their protien meal bars, 100 Calorie pack snacks, and other Fit & Active products which tout themselves to be low in fat, but high in flavor!

Rice cakes are a diet staple when you're trying to lose weight.  In fact, I've had some bad experience with rice cakes.  I picked up these mini crisps just to try them out.  I confess, I was not expecting to like them at all.  I was expecting them to taste like frosted cardboard.  I was pleasantly surprised and they were unbelievably delicious.  They are 90 Calories, only 3 grams of fat, only 80 grams sodium and 6 grams sugars.  They also have 3 grams of protein!!!  :)  And they are DELICIOUS!!!!  They also come in a S'mores flavor, which is also quite good!

$1.99 for a package of 6, perfect snack.  Easy for the grab and go!  Hope you give them a try!

1 comment: