Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars



Keeping with the theme, and using up some more of the Raspberry Preserves from yesterday's thumbprints, I thought I'd make my friend Betsy's nearly world famous Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars.  Betsy and I have been good for many years.  When she first gave me this recipe, I had to convert it to a gluten-free recipe .  They were very good, even gluten-free.

I was sitting at the table tonight, after about my 13th cookie, wondering what I was going to do with all the rest of the preserves.  I love peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, but one can only eat so many in a week.  You could also make these Raspberry Breakfast Treats.

So, for your eating enjoyment, here's another recipe that will use up the preserves, and make your tummy happy!

I had many friends over today, and they all agreed, they were very tasty.

Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars

1/2 Cup Grandma's Best Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Baker's Corner Shortening
1/2 Cup Berry Hill Peanut Butter
1 Golden Hen Egg
1 1/4 Cup Grandma's Best Flour
3/4 Tsp Baker's Corner Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baker's Corner Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Berry Hill Raspberry Preserves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together granulated sugar, brown sugar, shortening, peanut butter and large egg.

In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda and baking powder.

Mix dry ingredients with sugar/shortening mixture until coarse crumbs.  Set aside 1 cup.

Press the rest into a greased 13" X 9" baking pan.  Spread 1/2 Cup of the Raspberry Preserves over this layer.  Crumble reserved crust mixture on top.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Cool completely on a rack before trying to cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment