Sunday, April 14, 2013

Protein-packed Pudding


Hubby started on Medifast over a year ago (and boy does he look good!)  One of his favorite treats that he's allowed to have on the diet is sugar-free pudding and jello.  I was always disappointed that Sugar-free pudding was never available at Aldi.  Well, GUESS WHAT!  Bakers Corner makes a sugar-free pudding now!  Vanilla and Chocolate!  YAY!  It's, of course, cheaper than the "other" brand!  It's even a good 10 to 15 cents cheaper than the store brands at other grocery stores! AND it's yummy.  

Well, to help boost it's nutritional factor, I make it with half milk and half greek yogurt (My Aldi sells Fagé, but your Aldi might sell something else.  You can also use the Fit & Active Plain Yogurt instead of greek yogurt.  The texture's not as thick, but it does boost the protein and nutritional values!

Recently, my mother-in-law moved in with us.  Her favorite treat has been her nightly pudding.  She asks every evening with a gleam in her eye "do you have any chocolate pudding tonight?".  :)  She looks like a little kid asking for ice cream.  She's been known to lick the little jars.  She told me last night that I really must share my recipe on my blog.  So I am! This one's for you, Mom!


Protein-Packed Pudding

1 Package Baker's Corner Sugar Free Pudding (your favorite Flavor)
1 Cup Friendly Farms 2% Milk (or whatever milk you get from Aldi)
1 Cup Greek Yogurt (whichever brand your Aldi sells, OR Fit &  Active Plain Yogurt)

In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together milk and yogurt until very smooth.  Add in pudding mix and continue to mix well.  Divide into 4 4 oz containers OR 1 large container to serve from.  (We do individual servings to make it an easy grab-and-go snack).

No comments:

Post a Comment