Monday, May 17, 2010

Grilled Pork Loin w/ Grilled Potatoes


I really cannot take credit for this recipe, simply because it's too easy. AND because, my husband did it. I am, admittedly, afraid of the grill. Whether it be the fire, the heat, the uncontrollable cooking (I AM a control-freak), etc. But, my husband is a grill-master extraordinaire. I do not joke. He can take an awful cut of meat and turn it into the most delicate, delicious grilled fare to be devoured. Um, I mean enjoyed!!!

Anyway, the Roseland Boneless Pork Tenderloins have always intrigued me. I've never cooked pork tenderloin before and was apprehensive. After I defrosted it yesterday, I realized the directions gave an option for grilling. And the weather was perfect for grilling. "Oh Honey.....how do you feel about grilling out tonight?" He jumped at it!!!


Grilled Pork Loin w/ Grilled Potatoes

1 Roseland Boneless Pork Tenderloin (they are 2.99/lb - mine was $4.10 and about 1.3 lbs)
1 Cup Fit & Active Light Honey Dijion Salad Dressing ($1.69/bottle)

Marinate pork loin for several hours in the salad dressing.

Heat coals on grill (or heat gas grill to med-high heat). Grill pork loin for 25 minutes in a covered grill, or until the internal temperature reaches 160. My husband did turn it a few times to make sure it got good "bark" on it.


Grilled Potatoes

4 Red Potatoes (about 1 lb - $2.49/3 lbs)
Olive Oil (about 1 tbs)
Salt & Pepper

Cut potatoes in half. Coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place potatoes cut-side down on grill for about 10 minutes, make sure grill cover is closed for cooking). Turn potatoes over and grill for another 15 minutes.

I added a salad made from garden-grown salad greens from my friend.

This meal serves 4 nicely, and only costs $1.45 per serving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment